Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Copying Fashion #3

Eileen Fisher, $238 at Nordstrom
J. Jill $59.99


Simple, simple, simple, just an all purpose pullover top. Why don't I have this item in my wardrobe? I asked myself. 

Well, I had made something similar which looked AWFUL on me, like a hospital gown minus the open back end. 
 No shape, not flattering in any way, so it stayed in my closet since October 2015. But the fabric was a lovely linen rayon blend and just too nice to ignore, so I unsewed it and used a different pattern with the salvaged pieces to make this new version.
The results: a simple pullover with  seamed-top-stitched pockets and side vents. The pattern is not a pullover, so I had to make a neck facing and guess at the center front, but I could make it again, quickly, before I forget what adjustments were made. New fabric from Fabric.com should arrive soon, so I'll get right on it.
 

1 comment:

  1. Melody - do you have a pattern maker & number for this tunic/dress?

    ReplyDelete