Sunday, January 28, 2018

New Things


My PT has been in the shop (again) for over a week, waiting for parts, and I have had to depend on friends and family to get me around, which is of course a pain for everyone. 
Image result for 2010 PT Cruiser redI got impatient and decided it was time for a new car. I went online to Carmax with no idea what I wanted, other than a hatchback and heated seats. I found this 2015 Lexus CT 200h, with less than 19K miles and it had everything imaginable on it. I fell deeply in love and got my sister to take me over and I bought it Friday night. 
I am giddy with happiness and don't care if I ever see my PT again...but I will have to retrieve it, if and when it is ever fixed.
So, confident that I am able to get around when needed, I stayed home Saturday and quilted. What else?
 One of our members of our church group Knitwits is moving and it was decided she needed a quilt from us, and an crocheted afghan too. I did the quilt using the cherries and strawberries fabrics I have in my stash. The design is simple so the quilting had to be fancy.

 It was fun to do and is my first finished quilt of 2018. 43.5"x55".

5 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! Nice wheels
    Congratulations.
    I used to have a purple PT Cruiser which I loved, but it's been dead for quite awhile now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a few PT owners and the cars just didn’t last.

    Most of mine have reached a decade and beyond. My own Prius was 10 December 31, 2017 and is still going strong. Around 65,000 miles on it. I hope to reach 100,000 before I have to consider replacing it. When I do, I’m considering a pure EV. By that time I just won’t be doing long distance driving any more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a cool car! Judith P.

    ReplyDelete